Friday 26 July 2013

Close Encounter 1954 - Staffordshire

(Credit: BBC)

I came across this video a couple of years ago, and have never been able to discover the identity of the lady witness. It is a clip from a show called "Out Of This World", first broadcast on the BBC in 1977. Although I imagine the woman above may not be with us anymore, she talks about her sons who were apparently also present during this otherworldly "encounter". 

There must be lots of people out there who are familiar with this story, and possibly many who know the lady's identity - so if that's you, get in touch, I'm interested....

Paranormal investigator Lee Brickley has a new book available about the paranormal happenings on Cannock Chase. Read it here: UK Link - US Link or click the book cover below!


When you watch the video I'm almost certain you will agree that: at the very least, this lady believes she is telling the truth about her experience. In fact, if she is lying about the whole thing, the acting job being undertaken is truly worthy of a golden globe. 

It is not clear from the video how close to Cannock Chase the sighting took place, but the program does state "Staffordshire" and from the visible scenery in this video, it looks suspiciously close by. 

She speaks of seeing a "huge Mexican hat" shaped craft, manned by two beautiful, golden haired, Nordic type beings, hovering above her house whilst her children were present. To me, she seems relatively trustworthy and this makes her account incredibly fascinating.   

So please, take a look at the video, let me know what you think, and if you have any additional info, drop me a message. 

Until next time......


Written by Lee Brickley 2013


7 comments:

  1. Lee:
    Her name is Jessie Roestenberg. It was a well-studied Contactee case that has since gone into obscurity. What's interesting is that the location was Ranton. Ranton features heavily in the Man-Monkey story I've written about in my "Wildman" and "Man-Monkey" books. Also, there are a lot of Ranton weirdness in the Philips and Keatman book, "The Eye of Fire." Cheers, Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Nick!

    I actually came across this video when I started writing my book.

    I think it could well be one of the most convincing interviews I've seen.

    I wonder if her two sons could be located, she does say they saw it aswell..

    hmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee there's little details about this video which I've never forgotten seeing as a teenager in the Seventies on Arthur C Clarke's Mysterious World TV show which remain enormously compelling.

    For instance near the video's end the witness mentions her husband and immediately performs a grooming motion using her left hand to adjust her scarf which signals a desire for him to find her attractive.

    But earlier on she performs exactly the same motion while describing the physical beauty of the crew.

    Then there's the business of hiding under the table which she actually laughs at for being so silly but which actually suggests the experience'd been so powerful she'd undergone a kind of reversion to her childhood.

    But two details I'm only just now noticing're her observation of 1) being semi-undressed and hearing this enormously loud sound "as if a giant cauldron of water was being poured onto a fire" and 2) her telling the boys on the ground hollering about the flying saucer "Don't be stupid come in the house" instead of "Get to school!" but then being overcome by "this strange sensation" which led to her going up the side of the house to the pump they used for water at which point she finally looked up and saw the 'sombrero' almost as if for some reason she had to be near the pump and its water before she could undergo witnessing the thing for herself.

    I'll merely point out here the odd coincidence Staffordshire means something akin to "a region of fordable water beside a landing-place."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alan,

    Thanks for the comment!

    You make a couple of very interesting observations there, I wonder if this lady could still be with us?

    If not, I'm making it my mission over the next few weeks to locate her sons.

    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is the Arthur C Clarke link...


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFfvMJ-E_aA

    ReplyDelete
  6. she may well have seen what she said she had seen, not all people tell lies she must have been prepared to be ridiculed for what she was saying.. I believe her but then I have had my own experience's with the spirit world if I told you my story you may cast doubt up it...rkm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most of this has been proven fake :D

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

New for Halloween 2022: Haunted Cannock Chase - Real ghost stories from the UK's spookiest location

  Haunted Cannock Chase: Real ghost stories from the UK's spookiest location - OUT NOW!!! Get your copy UK Get your copy US Brand new gh...