Wednesday 17 July 2013

Return Of The Black Eyed Children



UPDATE 2021: Paranormal investigator Lee Brickley has a new book available about the supernatural happenings on Cannock Chase. Read it here: UK Link - US Link or click the book cover below!


Some of you may remember an article I posted on this blog a couple of month's ago about an encounter my auntie had with a black eyed child on Cannock Chase in the early 1980's. Well, yesterday whilst sifting through my email inbox I came across a very interesting message from another local lady who claims to have seen this terrifying entity in the woods. I had to write an article on this, not least because the sighting is so similar to my aunties encounter over 30 years ago.

Mrs Kelly (pseudonym) relays that:

.....around 2 months ago my daughter and I were walking through Birches Valley (an area well known for it's spectral sightings) when we heard the screams of a young child. I couldn't tell if it was a boy or a girl, but they definitely seemed in distress and sounded very close to us, so we instantly started running towards the noise. We couldn't find the child anywhere and so stopped to catch our breath, that's when I turned round and saw a girl stood behind me, no more than 10 years old, with her hands over her eyes, like she was waiting for a birthday cake. I asked if she was okay and if she had been the one screaming, she then put her arms down by her side and opened her eyes, which is when I saw they were completely black, no iris, no white, nothing. I jumped back and grabbed my daughter, when I looked again, the child was gone. It was strange really, I knew something was going to happen, even before it did, I just had a weird feeling.....”

So what is it about these black eyed kids? Where do they come from?

Well, if you look around on the internet and read a few books you'll find many different theories as to their origins. Some people believe them to be extra terrestrials, vampires, ghosts and even inter-dimensional entities, but there is one immense difference between the sightings of black eyed children around the world and the stories coming out of Cannock Chase: only on Cannock Chase do the sightings consistently happen during the daytime.

In the U.S many reports suggest that black eyed children often appear in groups, regularly knocking at the door's of unknowing victims and asking quietly if they may “come inside”. Some other stories tell the tale of these devilish children appearing in the back-seats of cars when a driver is travelling alone at midnight, or walking around on empty early morning streets asking anyone around for help, but I wonder what would happen if you offered them your assistance? What would happen if you let them inside your house? Not many people know, but there are a few reports knocking around, like this one, originally posted in pararational.com:

......so I let them in, the one who needed the toilet just walked in and straight up the stairs so I shouted up its on the right, I don’t know why I didn't find this strange but most toilets are upstairs and as he was young I didn't think anything of it. I told the other one that the phone was down the hall, “thanks” he said and he started to walk down the hall, I followed him and then I suddenly came over with a really awful feeling like something bad was going to happen, I became very nervous and a bit shaky I still cant explain how that happened, the boy stopped at the phone and paused, “everything OK?” I asked, he turned to me and looked up and that’s when I saw his eyes, and trust me I will never get that picture out of my head, I was so scared that I couldn't even scream as I turned to run down the hall the other kid was standing at the end." 
"I became very dizzy and struggled to stand up, he walked closer to me and said that they had been sent to collect me, I still couldn't bear to look into his face, I pushed away from him and ran into my front room and slammed the door shut, I was in so much shock about what was happening I couldn't think straight, this is something that you don’t even expect to happen even in movies. After standing against the door for around and hour or so I finally got the courage to make a run for the back door, so I ran to it and unlocked it, I ran to the back of my garden and jumped over the fence not once looking back.....”

Very frightening indeed.....

Of all the paranormal phenomena experienced on Cannock Chase, black eyed children have to be the most eerie by far. The only advice I could offer anyone who comes across these unhallowed, unrelenting and unsympathetic strays is: start running while you still can!

Until next time my friends.........

Written by Lee Brickley – 2013

UPDATE 2021: Paranormal investigator Lee Brickley has a new book available about the paranormal happenings on Cannock Chase. Read it here: UK Link - US Link or click the book cover below!

If you'd like to know more about paranormal sightings on Cannock Chase, you can pick up a copy of my new book “UFO's Werewolves & The Pig-Man: ExposingEngland’s Strangest Location – Cannock Chase” from Amazon UK & US


16 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm very interested in knowing more about the B.E.K's, but I have not, so far, been able to contact anyone who had an experience with them. Do you know anyone who would be happy to tell me their encounter with them? My email is catwings92@hushmail.com, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in my late twenties, I had a beautiful six year old daughter named Amber. One day Ambers mother Teresa, who had two other children vanished. No one, no relatives, friends or any of Teresa’s children’s fathers ever saw them again. Now we find out that in 1996 Teresa married Author David Weatherly. David and Teresa gave the children fake names. And constantly moved around the country so as not to be found. Even knowing this, no one can find any of our loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was in my late twenties, I had a beautiful six year old daughter named Amber. One day Ambers mother Teresa, who had two other children vanished. No one, no relatives, friends or any of Teresa’s children’s fathers ever saw them again. Now we find out that in 1996 Teresa married Author David Weatherly. David and Teresa gave the children fake names. And constantly moved around the country so as not to be found. Even knowing this, no one can find any of our loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you change that yellow text, it's unreadable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love yellow text on a white background

    ReplyDelete
  6. You state that the children's mother Teresa married Author David Weatherly so what is there to find anyway they are married ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any idea why the Birmingham Mail published this story now (suggesting recent) when this post is dated 2013?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was in a car park at Cannock Chase late at night a couple of weeks ago, because I thought I had heard a suspicious sound, which I thought might be paranormal. I noticed a number of other cars also parked up with men in them, I suspect they were all looking for the same thing as me. Anyway, it was a warm night, so I undid my trousers and slipped them off whilst I was waiting, and a short while later one of the men from another car came and joined me in my car because he said he was too scared to look out for the paranormal stuff on his own. It was really frightening being up there at night, and after a while I decided to give him a cuddle to comfort him. The other men in the car park must have been really concerned about him too, because they were all surrounding the car watching us. Next thing you know, the police arrive and arrested me for gross indecency. I tried to explain the situation to them, but they charged me with outraging public decency and now I have to go to court. I just hope the magistrate is more understanding. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does anyone know if this black eyed child relates to anyone who has died there? This is the first time I have heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heard of same events in Manchester...around 2006/ http://manchesterdereliction.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. These descriptions sound more like alien encounters than ghosts, in my opinion:

    1. The 'children' appeared to be real living creatures and were not ghostly.
    2. The featureless black eyes sound like alien eyes.
    3. Screaming is probably the normal human reaction to seeing an alien, so they may have taken it as our 'greeting' sound (?)
    4. The feeling of being overcome by terror is well-documented in alien encounters/UFO sightings
    5. Saying that they had been sent to collect someone sounds a likely thing for an alien to say, rather than a ghost - alien abductions/attempted abductions have been frequently described - ghostly abductions are exceedingly rare if they exist at all outside horror fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd like to share also my experience with a black eyed girl. My name is Andrew and i'm a doctor (MD) in Greece.About six years ago, had some troubles in my life, not easy to describe from here that led me to ask for help in the local church. Most of them were nightmares coming in the night while I was in semi - sleeping state. The priest who were listening pilgrim's problems stared at me while I was waiting in the queue. He said "please come my child, I think you have something to tell me". I said "father, I'm very worried because I see dreams with a religious content". He said "don't be affraid child, demon can't hurt you and they know it. That's why they are affraid of you" He placed his hand on my back, came closer to my ear and said "You are a luminati" (not illuminati !) and led me to the exit. Next time I visited the church, nobody knew about him and I didn't had his name, but by my description nobody could tell me who was that priest... Scarry ha?? It was very scary for me too, but the feeling that was a person of God gave me strength. Now what has to do my story with yours... The weekend after my meeting with the priest, went to my country side home near Athens. I was alone, because I wanted to have some rest and recover after a very had week. So I decided to take a walk in the woods. I went too far and during my return it was almost dark. About a mile before arriving at my house, I've heard some childish laughing behind me. I turned my head and I saw a figure of a small girl, at the age of four (comparing her to my nice). I was surprised and I asked her "what are you doing here in the dark, such a young girl, have you lost your parents?" The night was very quiet and I was in a field with a lot of fallen leaves. So every step produced a sound. She came closer to me without making that sound, something that make me creepy. She was dressed with a worn red shirt (it was dark i repeat but there where no clouds and there was a half moon,applying enough light to navigate without hitting on stone etc). She came in a distance of about two meters and then I realised that had two black eyes. But here my story is different. Her mouth was also black like abyss, also the depth of her black eyes was like had no background, you know, like were empty,not like having black eye bulbs but having no bulbs! I was scared to death and I realised I couldn't move because of the panic. I could only feel my heart beating extremely fast. I screamed "What do you want from me? Why don't you leave me alone?" And she said with a man's voice " Do you know how many people I've sent to hell today to get the power to come to you?" And she was vanished... Well that's my story guys, it's 100% real, I'm a man of science, sceptic, but I lived it. I didn't want to share it with anyone around me , because I didn't want to spoil my serious profile, but I've read the article in a greek blogspot so I felt that I should share it with you. Thanks for reading. Maybe there some things not yet reached by science and technology....

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't understand what your asking

    ReplyDelete
  14. U said u had a beautiful daughter named Amber then u sain ambers mother Teresa which is it r u the mother or is teresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very interesting and strange I keep hearing relly odd noises coming from the back of my house it could be fox's or some really weird person spying on me as there is always twigs breaking and rustling




    ReplyDelete
  16. All these things happening in one place remind me of skin walker ranch

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

New for Halloween 2022: Haunted Cannock Chase - Real ghost stories from the UK's spookiest location

  Haunted Cannock Chase: Real ghost stories from the UK's spookiest location - OUT NOW!!! Get your copy UK Get your copy US Brand new gh...